Friday, April 1, 2011

Play Ball!

My Dad's been excited about my first Cardinal game since the day I was born.  By some miracle it was televised yesterday so we got to watch it.


I saw the supposed 'greatest team in the history of sports' cough up a lead -- one they were lucky to have given some earlier mental errors -- with 2 outs in the bottom of the 9th.  

I also witnessed the best baseball player of my lifetime ground into not one, not two, but THREE double plays.  He also popped out foul with a runner on third...the ultimate insult as far as I'm concerned. 

Not sure if I'm prepared to take on this level of aggravation.

2 comments:

  1. get used to it, kid. that's the plight of a baseball fan.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't worry Will...auntie Corinn is buying you some Tigers gear ;)

    ReplyDelete