Friday, March 25, 2011

Non Miracle on the Non Hudson

Do you know who likes American heroes and aviation legends?  

This guy.


Do you know who likes getting their picture taken with little babies?  



Pretty much everybody!



Now take a wild guess who totally dropped the ball when we walked right past Chesley "Sully" Sullenberger on the street yesterday in Santa Monica.  

Yep, this guy.


Otherwise you'd be seeing a picture like this.


And let's be honest, you just know Capt. Sullenberger would have taken me on a tour of a nearby cockpit.  (That's what pilots do, after all!)  So then there would have been something like this.


(You'll have to excuse my rudimentary Photoshop skills.  My doctor says those don't typically even develop until 6 months.)

After teaching me the finer points of landing a crippled jetliner into frigid waters, the Captain and I would have gone out for sullen burgers and shot the breeze.  Don't worry, even though I'm months and months away from eating solid food I would've found some way to keep it from being awkward.

Instead Dad just turns to Mom: "Hey, that was Sully Sullenberger."  Honestly, what kind of fool just leaves a celebrity alone in public?

If you said this guy, you are correct.


Use me, Dad.  I realize from time to time I can seem like a 24/7 obligation...a lifelong responsibility that, as an added bonus, also pees on you...but don't forget in certain situations I can also come in handy!

1 comment:

  1. What a waste! Don't worry, Will - next weekend your Auntie Claire will take you to The Grove and use you as the celeb-magnet God intended you to be. Get that adorable smile ready for lots of snapshots!

    ReplyDelete